Master password lock on husbands laptop?

Right after we got married a little over 2 years ago, I found a secret email account that my husband had set up where he was getting hits from adult friend finder..He said he didn't join to hookup, just looking at women. Later I discovered accidentially that he had a FaceBook acct and a MySpace Acct that he hadn't told me about. He was chatting with an old (out of state) flame on FaceBook and I confronted him. Then a few months ago I found evidence that he was surfing Match.com and I left and took the laptop with me. He went out and bought himself another laptop (we also have 2 desktops). He carries it with him everywhere he goes in a backpack....to work, when he;s home he's very careful to have it off since there's a master password lock on it. When I confront him about it.....secrets, that kind of thing, he turns it around on me about not trusting, paranoia, yada, yada, yada......Why would he use a master pw and be so overly protective of his laptop is nothing was there to hide....as he says?? Am I making too big a deal out of this???? I'm very suspicious.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe F
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Tell him"Your are _________ right I do NOT trust you and why should I?

After all the things like adult friend finder etc,I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him hon,and you need to remind him of that.Tell him to open the lap top up and let's have a look or you are packing up and leaving.Tell him there won't BE any trust issues then he can go whoring all he wants.He says he joined just to look my butt.He is thinking about doing more than looking.

• 1 decade ago

I was in the same position about 1 1/2 years ago, and now things are better between us. I guess you call an affair, but it was through e-mailing each other. I found this black book and there it was all his passwords and I check and found out that he was falling in love with the secretary at the school he worked at. I confronted him and he still tried to denied. I had the evidence right there in front of him. If you feel that something is not right than investigate it. It sounds like he maybe up to something. Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has something to hide, believe me. I have been on both sides of the fence.

For a few years I was the 'hider' in my marriage. It started out innocent enough, but as he became overly jealous of my online activities, it became easier to just hide it. Now, it did end up in my case leading to infidelity and I asked for a divorce.

I am now in a very good, true relationship and it's still hard to break old habits. My boyfriend knows EVERYTHING about my past, I didn't want any secrets. Therefore, we exchanged passwords to each and every account we have. I have to give up my 'secret' emails and we blocked addresses and senders of people, links we no longer wanted to hear from.

You are not being paranoid, you are following your gut... and continue to do so. You need to have a serious face to face, heart to heart with him. You may hear things you might not like, but being honest is key. If you can't get over and forgive if thats the case, honey, I say move on. You deserve someone that you can trust and someone that respects and trusts you...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have very good reasons to be suspicious. I was involved with a married man.(not my finest hour). He used his lap top to send me text messages, and I emailed him every day. I also sent him voicemail at work. We got caught because his wife found a few emails that were very incriminating. What we did was wrong but I truly loved that man and he loved me also. If he did not have a young son i wouldn't have sent him back home. He really didn't want to go but with a 6yr old I felt too guilty taking him away from his son. We still talk which his wife doesn't know about. I forgot to mention we were high school sweethearts. We were each others first everything. so yes be suspicious. If he won't share his password and everything he is looking at and everyone he is talking to he is up to no good. good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • June
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yeah, I assume you mean a Windows login password. Google Ophcrack. Set it up on a usb drive. It'll crack most of those. Another option is to just connect the hard drive to another computer if it's the data you want and copy it that way assuming all the folders haven't had permissions changed.

• 1 decade ago

If he is, indeed, hiding web sites and chats from you then you have every right to be concerned/suspicious. Unfortunately, there is no telling what else he might be hiding on that computer.

He may not be physically cheating, but he is certainly emotionally abandoning you. He really needs to discuss what he is doing on that laptop--since he is your spouse you do have a right to know.

• 1 decade ago

Good relationships are built on trust. He must allow you to trust him and he must share with you things in his life that impact you. Its crazy for him to be secretive...what kind of relationship is that? If he is intent on forging new relationships...that is a problem.. but you must figure out a way to open those lines of communication...maybe even back off a little...give him a little space, but make him aware that you know and are vigilant.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't trust him either. There is no reason to be secretive about email accounts. Why would a committed spouse explore dating websites? A rather strange way to spend one's free time.

I wouldn't buy any of his excuses and turning it around on you screams 'guilty' in my book.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Play it back on him how would he like it! Do the same thing and see how that makes him feel. Men have way more issues with trust and jealousy then women do. He is up to somthing and that is not good.

• 1 decade ago

Um, you have reason to be suspicious. He is obviously doing something shady. Look at everything else he has done! Now he gets to keep his laptop with him all the time... who knows what he's up to. I would seriously leave this guy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.