Mellon Bank is now Bank of New York. (Stock ?)?

Why did they not just carry over my stocks,they are wanting me to send in my certificates.?? ty.

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your certificates should always be held by your broker (ie BNY or Mellon),that way,if you lose them,they charge you a percentage.They merged is why they are wanting you to send them in.If you're weary,make copies of the originals and make sure you send them by registered mail and get a receipt.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.