what exactly did russell brand say about the jonas brothers?

i missed the VMAs and i heard he was making fun of them because of thier purity rings. what exactly did he say?

• Favorite Answer

WELL HES STARTED MAKING FUN OF THERE RINGS AND HOW THEY SHOUL TAKE ADVANTAGE

Russell Brand angered American Idol champ Jordin Sparks when he made fun of purity rings at Sunday's 2008 MTV Video Music Awards.

During his opening monologue, Brand (a confessed former sex addict) repeatedly joked about the Jonas Brothers' purity rings, saying they should take advantage of their celeb status to get lucky.

Before introducing T.I., Sparks -- who has been open about wearing a purity ring -- slammed the Brit comedian for making the remark.

"I just wanna say, it's not bad to wear a promise ring because not every guy and a girl wants to be a slut, OK?" she told the audience.

The crowd cheered.

See more celeb virgins.

Brand later clarified his joke.

"I didn't meant to take it lightly," he said. "I don't want to piss off teenage fans." Later, he added, "Promise rings, I'm well up for it. [But] a bit of sex, it never hurt anybody."

The Jonas Brothers said they are not offended by Russell Brands' crude comments made on Sunday's 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, and said it also didn't spoil their evening. The British actor and comedian spent a large portion of the night poking fun at the Jonas Brothers for being virgins and wearing purity rings.

"For us it's cool to see that he recognizes we are gentleman," Nick Jonas told BBC's Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"I think he focused on certain things and didn't move off of them. People's attention spans in America need more than that," the 15-year old said.

He said they didn't let the jokes ruin their nights.

"We had a lot of friends there and everybody's so nice. We had a good time."

Added Nick, "I think he did a good job. We saw him on Conan O'Brien and thought he was hilarious."

Brand, a confessed former sex addict, joked that it's "a little bit ungrateful" for the singers to swear chastity until marriage "because they could have sex with any woman they want."

American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, who also wears a purity ring, later took the opportunity to fire back at Brand, saying that "not every guy and girl wants to be a slut."

Party girl Paris Hilton, also came forward about the act. She stated, "I think that they're all really good kids and that they're definitely our next generation of kids and they're all really good so I think that's awesome."

Source(s): pro jonas
  • grossi

He purely made quite a few disrespectful comments approximately them and replaced into constantley poking exciting on the rings. you need to tell anybody replaced into very uncomfortable and it replaced into purely rude. he's by no skill allowed on MTV back or that's what i heard on some information station ahah. It purely indignant everybody who wears a promise ring,no longer basically the jonas brothers. The VMA's are on back the next day just to permit you be attentive to,in case you needed to exhibit screen the full dispute that went on

• Yes it was the purity rings.

I admit some of it was funny, other times I was rolling my eyes wishing he would shut up.

Sorry I can't recall his exact words, but try YouTube.

• he basically said that they should take advantage of their fame to have sex since so many girls like them. he kept saying he loves the jonas brothers blah blah blah whatever lol he dissed thier purity rings since he used to be a sex addict

r

• julia.

idk but it lasted the entire show. not even kidding. he said a comment about it every five seconds for the whole show and it wasnt even that funny.