I dreamed and woke up breathing hardly?

So I had a dream last night; for some reason it was about the star spangled banner (not the song the flag) (I was pretty much thinking about this social studies thing I've been doing) any ways one minute it went from waving a flag on a balcony (again don't ask) to being a spy for the colonists I don't know how but... show more So I had a dream last night; for some reason it was about the star spangled banner (not the song the flag) (I was pretty much thinking about this social studies thing I've been doing) any ways one minute it went from waving a flag on a balcony (again don't ask) to being a spy for the colonists I don't know how but it did any ways that's not the point, so I swam deep into water after being freed from jail (which took less then a second again don't ask how I got there its just random), I went so deep in real life it would feel like your lungs were on fire and I just needed air, that's when I woke up breathing heavily my heart beating fast it hurt for 20 seconds then it went away... what is the cause of this? and this has happened before (not the breathing and heart beating part) I would have a dream and wake up with some sort of pain sometimes sometimes I would wake up and find cuts on myself but I don't see how that's physically possible unless some one or something did it to me in my sleep. like I asked before what could be the cause of my breathing heavily and heart beating too fast?
3 answers 3