how disappointed would the founding fathers be?

to see this election. how much farther are american going to let this go before electing someone guided by the constitution? why was Ron Paul not taken seriously? its a shame that americans let it get to this point. i feel like half of us want the government to hold our hands and take care of us, isn't that our responsibility?

• birdie
    Best Answer

What a poignant question...

Maybe it is late, but I felt a little sad when I read your simple question.

Last year I read some, not all of the letters - written over their lifetimes - of Jefferson and Adams. It is really a discussion that, in a personal way, encompasses the hopes and realistic expectations of our forefathers. These letters were between two lions that sparred during their public years and represented (perhaps) the two "sides" that we call the Democratic and Republican parties...(although the current Republican party does not reflect the principled conservatives of Adams times...methinks.)

Adams came around more to Jeffersons views as he became older mainly because he saw that the business interests he championed were not as principled as he imagined...We call it realpolitik.

I take Ron Paul seriously, as a long time Democrat that only voted for one Republican Governor in my life. He was one of our best and later became a great educator at an alternative University in our state. I am not such an ideologue that I cannot recognize a real Patriot and more importantly an intelligent voice like Ron Paul.

Heck, I listened to Ross Perot...nuff said. But this is supposed to be a Democracy where all voices work together to find the best solution for everyone. Not a dog-eat-dog one like the founding fathers tried to protect us from...

Disappointed - you bet. We let it go. They foresaw that and wrote about it. Sad.

In the late 1890s, the Founding Fathers appeared to one of the prophets of the Latter-days, Wilford Woodruff, and told him that the leaders of the United States had already gone so far from the principles that the Founding Fathers laid out, that the government was almost unrecognizable.

Ron Paul is one of the few people in government who understands the Constitution, and that it was given to all of God's children to enable us to be free.

If you would like more information, I can get it for you. Email me.

I admire the founding fathers. People who got drunk and out of control

were put out on display. The HALL of SHAME. If you were a drunk

they either put you up for public humilation or just paraded you arouond

the village with empty whiskey bottles tied around your neck and you

were bound up with a rope and the would publically humilate you

Maybe sometimes they used stocks or they had public whippings

or public execution. People who slandered or insulted you could be

called out for a duel (at high noon) ? And all that horse chit everywere?

No, You are right. Our government turned from the high ideals of the

founding fathers to a bunch of *liberal* do nothing kind of system

where everyone is supposed to gather at the public trough of

government handouts and live the *socialist* dreams of Karl Marx

Yes, I will look into Ron Paul..as My name is Paul..I think it would be

a cool name Paul Paul? But we must as a country go back to the

basics if we are to keep freedom in the American culture. Thank you.

Ron Paul is awesome! The media hates him, and in return, Ron Paul keeps making them look stupid! I wish he had more $$$ to get his word out to the public.

• LG

The Founders only knew 13 states, the French and the Spanish controlled most of what is the United States.

They would not approve of foreign wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. They would not approve of the anti-Islamic fervor, they respected Islam. They would not have approved of stealing Hawaii, or fighting the Spanish or stealing Texas and California from Mexico. They would certainly not approved of creating tensions with Russia, they liked Russia. Again some of them owned slaves, thought women were not smart enough to vote and felt that church was fine, as long as they didn't hear about it for six days during the week. They also liked to drink a lot.

And finally according to the Founders, McCain was born in Panama and is not eligible to be president.

They'd be rolling over in there graves. Really they thought separation into parties would be a horrible idea.

• J C

I'm all for giving up the perks that the government is doling out. They let me keep all my money, allow me to live my life as I see fit. And they won't have to give me anything.

Sound fair?

• S P

They would probably wander what the hell Arizona and Illinois are.

Obama's not even eligible...according to our founding fathers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCoFOzE4YCQ

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

they wouldn't be. disappointment is a feeling not known by rich, cokeheads.