Why would a 3 year old child be placed in a psychiatric hospital for evaluation by the department of social se?

The department of social services is placing a child in a psychiatric hospital after several home visits. The child has never shown any problems but now his mother is saying she cannot control him. It is my step-son. They live in Missouri. I have never heard of such a thing. He is to be placed there for evaluation that can take up to 2 weeks. The poor baby I am sure is very confused and scared. Any information would be helpful.

Best Answer

I believe that the social worker must have personally witnessed some behavior which was extremely skewed from the normal behavior of a three year old.

This behavior manifestation was deemed to be serious enough to demand an evaluation by a trained psychologist or psychiatrist.

The child wasn't placed in the hospital based only on what the mother may have said, imho.