What do you think about Oprah's decision to not interview Sarah Palin, becuz she is running against the Dems?

I don't want people PLATFORMING for or against each party as a response. I just think it's a little weird. I just saw the story on my local news, and she provided a written statement saying she's not going to use politics to platform, yet she's had Obama on her show, she openly supports Obama, and she's deciding not to have Sarah Palin on to interview? She only the second woman EVER nominated for Vice President. I would think this is a Women's Rights issue, to support any woman running for such a high prestige position... here's the link to the story... http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/9/9/380861... I personally think it isn't right. I'm neither Dem or Rep. and I haven't made my decision for whom I'm going to vote for, but from her statement she made, it seems a little unfair politically towards Sarah Palin, and give a bad image of herself as a role model. what do you think about Oprah's decision to not interview Palin? is it politically backed or not? is it right?

I know she's for Obama, and that she's allowed to show her opinion, I just think it's a little unfair. she's claiming she's not going to use her show for or against anyone, so should she give the Republicans a chance too? I think Sarah Palin is a strong woman to even try it, and even though she may have some ethics issue to overcome, that she is a good role model for girls- showing, yes, you can! I would think with Oprah's work for being role models for girls, she might want to share this, and show she's the bigger person here by interviewing her, and not making it about who's going to win...

I def understand about not using the show for politics, and furthering the political machine and adding fuel to the debate fire... but why can't she interview her about being Governer? and I totally understand the idea about after the election, but the thing is she IS her show. I mean, come on, that is what she is known for. so whenever she goes to a Dem fundraising party, she is showing up for her show, and becuz that is what made her who she is today. I know the Republican Ban against her show and her magazine is trivial, but the point is that she is putting her name for one candidate, and against the other, and just hiding behind her show.

Favorite Answer

It's her show, she can do whatever the hell she wants. It's not a political show, so there's no need for her to present opposing sides to appear "fair". She just has people on her show that she finds interesting and positive, and as you say she is actively supporting Obama. When she had Tom Cruise on to gush about Katie Holmes, did she have her parents on to explain their concerns about it? Of course not, and she has every right not to.

As for Palin being a good role model for girls? You've got to be kidding.

Oprah can do what ever she wants on her show, but I think she won't have Palin on because she is afraid of her, just like many democrats are. I also find it rather interesting that even though Oprah has always been a democrat, Obama is the first one for her to publicly endorse. Could it be because he is black? Maybe Oprah is a little racists herself.

• baker

I extremely have lost all interest in her. she is brazenly racist and all the liberals in her crowd nonetheless sit down there and take it and beg for extra.!! you do be attentive to whilst she says "you all' you be attentive to she is meaning white usa of america. i'm hoping that this refusal to interview a flesh presser it is working for the white abode ( a girl no much less) proves that she isn't honest and un biased. and that she gets a great backlash for it!! the mere actuality a girl in spite of her occasion is now formally on the cost ticket shows the previous tale is real,, the worst chum to a working lady is yet another lady with capacity. no longer saying sarah does no longer have capacity..yet what a great tale back forget occasion lines.. right this is a hockey mom from alaska that took an thrilling her young toddlers joined the PTA after which mayor of her city and the line took her all a thank you to working for vice chairman what great tale and concept too ALL women!

You need to get your facts straight before you start accusing Oprah of being unfair. Ophra had Senator Obama on her show before he announced that he would be running for president. And I don't think that she should have palin or any other candidate . She said that she would be happy to have her on the show after the election. So what is your problem? The next time you post something do a little research!

Oprah has officially proved she is voting for Obama because he is a liberal black guy. She has Obama on her show twice to spread his political message, then she decides to cut off the show for political platforming. You make the call.

Is she not allowed to have an opinion? I thought this was the United States. It's her show and her choice. She likes Obama. For instance, if you liked a candidate, you would want to get their name out and promote for all its worth.

Just shows that she is playing the race game and allows Obama on and gives no one else a chance. Shes acting no better then Rev. Jackson, Wright, Sharpton.

I don't really care what Oprah does. She does not matter. Let's focus on the issues.

SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY NO,IT'S A FREE COUNTRY SO THEY SAY BUT EVERYONE IS TALKING BAD ANOUT IT,IF OPRAH WAS GIVING THOUSANDS OF $ IN FREE CARS TO WOMEN SHE BE A ICON AGAIN...BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES

Well......nobody has ever accused Oprah of being fair and balanced. So this should put to rest any doubts of those who might have thought that she was.