Paul
Paul asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is John McCain's treatment of Sarah Palin sexist?

First: I voted happily for Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr. and even Bob Dole. I have Republican leanings (with serious misgivings this year).

Watching women flock to Sarah Palin has been amusing. John McCain simply will not allow her to speak one-on-one with the press at this point. This is ironic treatment of a woman who may very well be our nation's President soon. If John McCain should pass away, will he somehow, from the grave, be able to protect her from the media and foreign leaders and congress and partisan politics?

He may (or may not) get my vote, but I admit that I find his treatment of Palin to be more sexist than anything I have seen in politics in recent memory. Because she is a woman, she is unable to handle herself with the media? My point of view is this - throw her out there and show the world what she can do. If he has faith in her, he has to have faith in her ability to handle herself as well.

What do you think?

Best Answer

I am all for woman in power (in more ways than one) but if the woman in question is not worthy she will fail before she can speak. Which is what she is doing. I don't think its a matter of her being a woman but a question of if she can do the job properly!

I think you're right but it only gets worst read below:

Sarah Palin Won't Do Any More Interviews Between Now and Election Day.

According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer

you could take that up with Washington. they're preserving their investment, and Sarah Palin is being groomed for her new interest as vice chairman. Sorry if that's not what you needed to hearken to, in spite of the undeniable fact that it is the reality. Democrat for McCain/Palin 2008.

I think that Palin will do great on ABC. So you watch and see how she will do. She is a strong candidate. I'm not voting for her because she is a women. She is a Canada that is hard working and willing to do what it takes to balance the budget.

Source(s): www.gov.state.ak.us/omb

she handled herself just fine at convention, i think he is just trying to protect her from the attacks that media are giving to her family, knowing that they would not attack a man the same. i have yet to hear anyone ask any other presidential candidate, or vice presidential candidate how they would run this country if their child needed them in a crisis. Maybe they should.

honestly, I believe he is acting the way he was taught... old school, in trying to protect her and her family, as he knows how the onslaught of the media works.

I agree, quite treating her like a Barbie Doll, lets see who she really is and what she believes and what she intends to do.

• SW1

No. Obama supporters are the sexist ones - with their bad Photoshopped pics of her in bikinis, mocking her beliefs, attacking her daughter and the rest of her family, etc etc.

Well, it is sexist but not as bad as his new change theory would suggest he's sexist.

I think Drivel like this is why Obama is now losing the election. Keep it up

Source(s): She speaking to ABC news on thursday do your home work