Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to model a bit while studying in Business University?

Hey I was wondering if it's possible to do a bit of modeling while I'm studying in University. My friends always tell me "Omg become a frieking model!". Im a senior now in High school and I was wondering if it's really time consuming to be a part time model while studying in College/University. It's not like im broke or anything i come from a very decent family but id never tell my parents tho lol. But they will probably find out anyway. Btw im gay would that make any difference? Btw i dont mean modeling as in a pornstar lol. Just magazines and stuff.

Thanks guys

:D

Favorite Answer

You might consider modelling for Fine Arts classes either at your University or elsewhere.

I have a Bull Mastiff and I have to admit that he is no bother at all, he did chew doors etc as a young pup but now he never touches anything that's not his. He is a great pet but it's not a breed I'd recommend if you've never had a dog before. They need serious training because of their sheer size and power, you need to be confident that the dog will obey you and they can be quite wilfull. Our previous Bull Mastiff (a rescue dog) attacked an adult family member and could have done some serious damage, it did require a trip to the hospital but then that's not necessarily a reflection on the breed as a whole. The vet bills can be horrendous because the breed has some known problems e.g. their eyelashes tend to turn inwards, rub the eye and cause problems - the operation to fix that ran to several hundred pounds and they generally have problems with their ears, which can be solved by regularly using a cheap ear drop. My dog, now 3 year old male, could cost a lot to feed, he eats about 20kg of dried food every 3 weeks to a month at a cost of about £20 and about 90ish pedigree pouches per month (3 a day) - at a cost of £5.50 for a box of 8 - alternatively you could use about 500/600g of dried food and one jumbo tin of dog meat a day for an adult dog. If you are going to go ahead and get a Bull Mastiff then I would definately advise you to get pet insurance of some sort because you will most likely need it. You should also spend some time finding breeders in your area and going along to meet them, meet the pup's parents if possible and find out a bit more about the actual dog you'll be getting before you get it as this will give you an idea of it's personality. In relation to leaving it alone, I wouldn't recommend it. Even though my dog doesn't damage anything he does get lonely because dogs are ultimately pack animals and so it is unfair on the dog to leave them alone for any length of time. So if you can't commit to missing some of the uni nightlife then best not get one. I am a university lecturer and find that working from home a couple of days a week is great for the dog and even though I need to work late some days there's always others in the house so he's only really left for a maximum of about 4 hours at a time so it is possible to have a large dog and study but only really if you have some help to care for the dog and keep him/her company when you're not there and it's not a breed I would advise if, like most students, money is likely to be an issue because feeding alone is costly and you will need to set money aside for potentially expensive vet bills.