Amjid
Amjid asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who said in an interview on 60 Minutes in 1997 "I am a war criminal; I bombed innocent women and children."?

.

G L Dbb takes home the prize.

.

Favorite Answer

keep it in context McCain was saying that his "country before self" and "Code of conduct" memes are lies

he was told to say those things in exchange for favorable treatment

Songbird McCain gave the enemy information that gave them about a 60% increase in tactical advantage

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q...

John McCain Radio Broadcast on June 2, 1969 in Ha Noi

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/Mc...

proving in his case "Country before self" and "Code of Honor" are outright lies!!

Today he is claiming "when they learned my dad was an admiral they offered me early release"

His own words in his personal account given to "USNews and World Report" show THAT is a LIE!!

John McCain, Prisoner of War: A First-Person Account

By John S. McCain http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/01/28/joh...

I said, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." I said, "If you take me to the hospital, I'll get well." "The Bug" came rushing into the room, shouting, "Your father is a big admiral;

now we take you to the hospital."

the point is they KNEW his dad was an admiral within days of his capture

In that same article in his own words he mentions Christmas 5 times but NEVER the "Cross in the Sand"

Seen this lie posted many times before and yet even after being proved false by Snopes.com I have never see the poster of the lie apologize for slamming a veteran under false pretenses. Why does that not surprise me?

• Rayne

Debunked already

It was about an excerpt from McCain's book

http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/warcriminal....

In December 1967 Day shared a cell with Navy Lt. Cmdr. John S. McCain III who was even more seriously injured and emaciated. Air Force Major Norris Overly nursed both back to life, and McCain later devised a makeshift splint of bamboo and rags that helped heal Day's seriously atrophied arm.

"He was horribly injured," Mr. Day, 80, recalled from Fort Walton, Fla., where he practices law. "He had a fractured right arm, his left arm was out of the socket, his right knee was fractured, and they'd bayoneted his left leg. The Vietnamese were trying to get him to make some antiwar statements, and he'd refused."

Hoping for a propaganda victory, the North Vietnamese were particularly determined to get a confession from Mr. McCain because of his father's status as a top Navy commander. Later, they even offered Mr. McCain early release - an offer he refused, like all other offers of special treatment, with obscene and bitter insults to his captors, his fellow prisoners have said.

Eventually, Mr. McCain succumbed to the agony and wrote up a confession to being a "black criminal" and "air pirate," deliberately lacing the stilted statement with Communist jargon and grammar mistakes to make clear it had been forced, according to a biographer, Robert Timberg.

"John McCain bent a little - we all bent a little - but he never broke," said Jack Fellowes, a retired Navy captain who was Mr. McCain's cellmate for the last two years of their captivity.

Little of the information their torturers extracted from the Americans was true, Mr. Fellowes said. Once, when Mr. McCain's tormentors demanded the names of members of his squadron, he supplied the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line - an act of covert defiance typical of the Americans.

On March 14, 1973, Day was released after five years and seven months as a North Vietnamese prisoner.

George Everett "Bud" Day is a former U.S. Air Force pilot who served during the Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S. service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions in combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor.

EDIT: Lou beat me again...Dammit lol

McCain for 2 points!

Old news, what else you got?

He was forced to say that after being tortured. You took that out of context. Typical.

That was John Kerry. The Democrat Candidate from 2004.

put a link to that whole conversation instead of using PART of it to make your half-truth point. i know what you're getting at, but you're absolutely wrong in doing so.

Your Friend Beavis ?

Source(s): The Difference between ObAMA & OsAMA is just a little B.S. Vote McCain Not Hussein

Which is it:

Are you too lazy to do your own homework?

Are are you too stupid to realize that we've done ours?

Never happened. Nice try.

Source(s): Sorry RAYNE. But really, around here, it usually comes down to who posts the truth first gets the most thumbs down. What a country, eh? You have to have a license to get a dog, but any dolt with enough candles on the cake can vote. Crazy.