How come so many people Believe that Jesus is God, when he cleary sais he is the son of God?

Jesus said he was the Christ, He also said he was the son of God but never once did he say that He was God. He did say," the Father in Heaven is greater than I." How can he be his own Father? It sounds like an episode of "FUTURAMA" when Fry goes back in time and mates with his own grandmother, Becoming his own... show more Jesus said he was the Christ, He also said he was the son of God but never once did he say that He was God. He did say," the Father in Heaven is greater than I." How can he be his own Father? It sounds like an episode of "FUTURAMA" when Fry goes back in time and mates with his own grandmother, Becoming his own Grandfather. I think those sort of things were forbidden by the laws of Moses.