Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

Can anyone give me good info on Bill Gates History?

history bill gates

Favorite Answer

Bill Gates is one of the most influential people in the world. He is cofounder of one of the most recognized brands in the computer industry with nearly every desk top computer using at least one software program from Microsoft. According to the Forbes magazine, Bill Gates is the richest man in the world and has held the number one position for many years.

Gates was born and grew up in Seattle, Washington USA. His father, William H. Gates II was a Seattle attorney and his mother, Mary Maxwell Gates was a school teacher and chairperson of the United Way charity. Gates and his two sisters had a comfortable upbringing, with Gates being able to attend the exclusive secondary "Lakeside School".

Bill Gates started studying at Harvard University in 1973 where he met up with Paul Allen. Gates and Allen worked on a version of the programming language BASIC, that was the basis for the MITS Altair (the first microcomputer available). He did not go on to graduate from Harvard University as he left in his junior year to start what was to become the largest computer software company in the world; Microsoft Corporation.

This website gives in depth info on everything.

Heres the Bill Gates history though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_gates

I always look here for information.

Source(s): www.en.wikipedia.org

He was geek in school, he never graduated, he built up a computer empire that made him a lot of money, he married and now is a humanitarian which means he has a lot of money and needs to get a tax write off and this is the best way to do it.

Does he care about the causes he gives to? I dunno he never seemed to do that until he got married it might his wife steering him into that direction or his accountant.

• eska

He has a good number of money - in money. it rather is the biggest-word, right here. money... I had executed somewhat study till now i heard with reference to the incredible donation, and that i found out that Buffett became attempting to get his money out of the U.S. forex. In different words, he possibly thinks that the greenback is going to devaluate, making his money valueless (style of), so he needs to furnish away and sell all of his earnings replace for issues which will the two carry their fee or upward push in fee. i assume he concept "properly, I actual have this hunk of money and that i choose to spend as a good number of it as i will, so why no longer supply it to somebody else?" some years in the past, i think of, he invested thousands and thousands in some constructive metallic, making the fee upward push from somewhat over 4 money to seven something. He on my own did that. distinctly cool, in case you question me. besides, that's what i actual think of, whether it ought to sound somewhat a techniques-fetched.

First he was born then he was really rich. Need I say anything else?