Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Looking to Study LLB(HONS) through ICS/Distant learning?

I am 23, and would like to study Law, with a view of becoming a solicitor. I have previously worked within Insurance and have in depth knowledge of the personal injury spectrum/WOOLF protocol. However i would want to practice this as a solicitor.

Since I have never been to uni, I do however have a BTEC ND in computing, and an NVQ level 3 in Business Admin.

My question really is to see if there is any financial help out there for people like me. I have no children, and I am currently employed.

Could i get say a student loan, or any other government funded grants etc.?



Sorry forgot to mention , I am in the UK!

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hi, I like you have done Business Admin and also worked in a insurance dept! I am on my 3rd year of my LLB. You can do it part time at uni- and get a student loan, you can become a mature student and join that way through experience. Or if you really want to do it at home, you can contact the Open University. There is also a company called ICS - they are all home learning degrees:

    Good luck

    You will find it difficult to get funding if you work full time btw

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.