What happened to MTV? The VMA Award Show was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Are kids just dumber?

Russsell Brand was funny in Sarah Marshall, but he blew as a host. Nothing was funny. Nothing surprising happened. The awards were a joke since all that music is corporate pop. Jonas Brothers, Pink, Paramour?, LW, all for kiddies who haven't hit puberty. I know every generation's music seems like crap to... show more Russsell Brand was funny in Sarah Marshall, but he blew as a host. Nothing was funny. Nothing surprising happened. The awards were a joke since all that music is corporate pop. Jonas Brothers, Pink, Paramour?, LW, all for kiddies who haven't hit puberty. I know every generation's music seems like crap to everyone older, but c'mon. Just like nobody listens to Backstreet now, no one will listen to any act on that show in five years. MTV used to put real bands like U2 on. Today they ignore Radiohead and Arcade Fire and Beck and any other decent band. Do the bands need to be younger? Put Bright Eyes or Grizzly Bear on there. They are serving crap sandwiches to kids who don't know any better. If they put good music on, the kids would adapt and possibly grow some pupes.

It's not just that stupid award show either. The first Real World was an interesting social experiment that touched on race and class. Now it's just spring break. I honestly wish the entire channel would explode.

Am I just being old? The first person who just types "yes" is an unfunny, dumb shitebird.