Question about the WORLD??? ?

Why do u think areas like north america europe and asia have so much technological development and wealth while huge continents like africa have rates of high poverty and disease?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Germs, Guns and Steel.

• 1 decade ago

It could be a far-sighted plan to reserve Africa and the polar regions for wild life--in case one day Mankind suffers from food shortage. Just my thought when i watched some documentaries of the teeming populations of animals on the National Geographical channel.

However some countries, esp China, recently, have put in much investments to develop some areas on the African continent. I believe the top ten wealthiest nations in the world should do more to reduce the rates of disease and poverty there, instead of wasting resources in playing power games, cold wars and exerting supremacy.Time is running out and the race to prevent wars and genocides should be sped up.

• 1 decade ago

One word: egotism.

Think about it. Fact is are we got to be the best by saying that were the best and stealing other people's stuff. A lot like the vikings only not in those really long boats.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

G An individual's and a people's fate depends on the basic philosophy embraced. Perspective is king

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200809...

Do not hold fast to shapes, but let

sensation flow into the world as a

river courses down to the sea.

Lao Tze

• 1 decade ago

its a bit sense of race discrimination from those regions mentioned.

• 1 decade ago

cos africans were/are colonized by europeans.how can they be devoloped country.

• 1 decade ago

That's the way they want it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.