promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

ACP slot and PCI slot which one?

ok i have a AGP video card slot and 2 addition PCI slots in my motherboard, can i use the a PCI video card instead of the AGP or do i have to use the AGP an dbuy a AGP card or could i buy a PCI slot and use that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You have AGP graphics. You are probably thinking of PCI express 16 video cards. What you have are standard PCI slots for add on hardware like sounds cards, modems, and such. But like jack said earlier, you can get standard PCI graphics cards, but they are very crap and not worth your time.

Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your computer will run either way, if that is what your asking... but AGP card will only work in an AGP slot, if you want to use the PCI slot then you need a PCI card... as simple as that.

• Jack K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you need AGP Graphics card ...the pci slots you have are for things like internal dial-up modems and network cards, sound cards etc. ... what you're getting confused about is PICe graphics which WILL NOT work in a standard pci slot

P.S. there are pci graphics cards but they are for older machines and max out at about 8-16 mb of ram

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

save your PCI slot

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

both can be ok.

but prefer AGP over PCI.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.