Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

I heard a quote today about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae...anyone know who said it?

I heard it on TV, but didn't catch who said it. Whoever it is...they aren't very smart.

"Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers"

Favorite Answer

It was Palin. I agree with her, too.

Now that these companies are under control of the FHA the taxpayers are going to pay for their bloated and risky investments.

These private companies always knew that the taxpayers would bail them out because the governement can't just let the housing market totally tank.

--- BTW, if you think that most Americans think this was a gaffe, you are wrong. Most Americans either understnad the above or have no idea who Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are.

Also, if you think this is a gaffe then what do you think about Obama's "my muslim faith" or his "57 states?"

• Erika

right here is the actual Deal. 5 years in the past, Republicans proposed "the main significant regulatory overhaul interior the housing finance industry in a decade." -source enormous apple cases. Democrats blocked all efforts at fixing Fannie and Freddie. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) suggested, "Fannie and Freddie are not dealing with any variety of economic disaster," -C-Span a minimum of 18 cases considering the fact that 2001 Democrats have blocked efforts at overhauling Fannie and Freddie on an identical time as accounting scandals and ripoffs grew to become public. Why? For starters, the precise 2 recipients of Fannie and Freddie marketing campaign donations have been Democrats Chris Dodd ($165K) and Barack Obama ($126K). And Fannie Mae paid properly. Clinton-era Democrats paid themselves $two hundred million in basically six yrs even on an identical time as a $10 billion accounting scandal replaced into uncovered. And Democrats like Dodd even have been given 'favorable' loans below a "VIP" application." Dodd on my own stored over $seventy 5,000 on his own loan funds. AND the place are the precise 2 ripoff artists in homestead mortgages?? they are the two advisors on OBama's marketing campaign.