Why Did Pirlo Wear #10 in Italy v. Cyprus???!?!?

How/why did Pirlo wear #10 instead of De Rossi (who wore #6) in the last WC Qualifier vs. Cyprus? Somebody explain! ...further..how did Di Natale steal my jew's #7 shirt !?!?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because Fifa reworked the number of people allowed to be called up for these qualifiers and it is not 23 anymore, but 18 and numbers can only be used up to 18, therefore leaving players that usually use others, such as Pirlo's 21, to have to pick lower numbers.

He plays in the classic "10" position compared to De Rossi so got the number.

Di Natale took 7 because Gila's number has always been 11, the one previously used by Totò.

Furthermore the starting 11 always have numbers 1-11 so Del Piero, on the bench, wouldn't have gotten the 7

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That happens depending on which numbers are being assigned. Maybe Pirlo asked for number 10? Or the coach decided to pass it to him? Something along those lines.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well i read somewhere that pirlo is still number 21 but he only wore 10 for that match and maybe the rest of the qualifiers (not sure why or if its true) but i wouldn't overreact about the number thing right now, theyre just qualifiers, im sure they still have their regular numbers.

• spivey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

hi i'm going to be in Cyprus in 3 weeks and it would be extremely heat, you are able to placed on regardless of you like, something is going, the lighter the clothing the better, you wont want makeup it is going to run down your face the warmth and humidity wll see to that, you will have the skill to placed on eye make up on a night yet face make up i wouldnt even attempt to place it on. the only time you will ought to conceal up with clothing is that in case you go on an afternoon out to circulate to a church, Have a great time i admire Cyprus.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is recommended that playing in the qualifier, the starting eleven should be from no.1-11.

Source(s): My guesses
  • 1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.