Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Can Someone Solve These Math Problems?

I can't understand these problems, the notes that were given aren't helpful at all. Can you solve these step by step to show me what to do? Many thanks :)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2r6joy0&s=4

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well i'm not gonna do it all for you :P

but for #10 any angles that are congruent(across from eachother) are the same angle measurements.so since BED and AED are congruent they both must be 70 degrees.

then for the next angles DEB and AEC you need to use the whole supplementary and complementary angles thing.

two angles that make a straight line(180 degrees) are supplementary angles.two angles that make a 90 degree angle are complementary. AED and DEB are supplementary.so AED+DEB=180 degrees

since AED=70 degrees then 70 degrees+DEB=180 degrees.

180-70=110.

so DEB=110.

hopefully i helped you a little bit.

my yahoo messenger is go_radio93 if you need a little more help.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I'm taking geometry too! So I'm gonna right down how to solve the problems and you need to try harder in class... There are online textbooks and math tutors so GET BUSY!

10. These are all vertical angles so each non-adjacent angle is congruent. So if BEC=70 then so must AED. Vertical angles all add up to 360 so subtract 140 and you wind up with 220. Then divide that by 2 and you come up with the measures for DAB and AEC=110

11. Use the above to solve for yourself!

15. 40

17. 75

• 1 decade ago

well number 10,

if angle BEC=70 than the angle oppopsite from that [angle AED] equals to the same amount as that angle. the other angles [adjacent angles i think] would combine with 70 to add up to 180 making them both 110. so angle BEC=70 angle AED=70 then angle DEB= 110 and angle AEC=110. hope this helps

• 3 years ago

The question asks you in looking "if 600 represents one hundred what does 174 characterize?" 600 ->one hundred 174 -> ? which interprets to an mathematical equation ? = (one hundred*174)/600 ? = 29 So the respond is 29 % of 600 is 174. In different words the same sentence transaltes to "174 is 29 % of 600"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

broadwaybabe is right. those are very basic for that type of problem. if u dont understand them, ur teacher should've done a better job explaining. have him or her review it again tomorrow

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

those are very basic geometry questions. your teacher should have explained those. and if you don't get it, then get a tutor (:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.