1st Birthday party food?

Ok, so I am on a budget and I need to feed 50 people for my sons 1st party. It is John Deere themed and I have no idea what to do. I want something that the kids can eat as well. Any suggestions?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

50 people is a lot of people for a 1 year olds birthday! .. especially when you're 'on a budget.'

Anyway, I'd suggest buying food in bulk.

Crackers and cheese.

Chips & Salsa.

Vegetables and Dip.

Tiny Sandwiches.

Tiny Quesedillas (or grilled cheese sanwiches.)

Cookies.

Cupcakes ..

That all goes a long way if you buy it in bulk.

• 1 decade ago

If its farming themed you have to have a cook-out type meal. Grill hot dogs and hamburger - you can find them in bulk and in the end it won't cost much. Also serve easy, pre-packaged items such as cheese and crackers, baked beans, mashed potatoes, etc. For pasta salads, there are those salads that come in boxes and all you have to do is cook the pasta and add mayo or oil (I apologize I cannot remember what they're called - I think they're made by Betty Crocker and can be found in the same aisle as the mac and cheese). Find whatever fruit is on sale and serve that - it can be either one type of fruit, or if you find a good deal on several types, you can make a fruit salad. Also, make your own cake. It can be a difference between $10 and $50!

• 1 decade ago

Macaroni and Cheese

• 1 decade ago

I actually just went to a birthday party & there was spegetti. It was good too. He used shells

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

mac & cheese, spaghetti, pizza, sandwiches, chicken fingers,

many, many, many choices.

• 1 decade ago

mush in a can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.