Paul V
Paul V asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Finally out of the shadows of Tomlinson, will Michael Turner lead the league in rushing yards?

I'm saying yes and quite possibly could be a member of the 2,000 yd club. Your thoughts? Hmmmm?

I've always been a big San Diego fan so I know what this guy is all about. It may have been his first game for the Falcons but not the first game of his career. All he needs is 118 yds a game for the next 15! He'll be throwing up some more high 100's and quite possibly (if they play the Bengals this year) another 200 or so yards!

• yoak
    Favorite Answer

I'm just hoping Turner doesn't "turn" out to be another Donovan McNaab. Brilliant vs. Detroit, average against....everyone else.

The man has an awesome work ethic and proved it yesterday. Obviously strong and agile. I'd like to see how he performs within their division and in some weather games (November). Hopefully he flirts with or even passes 2,000 yards this season.

I'm not willing to say that yet. Michael Turner still has a lot to prove while on the Falcons. he might have had a surge against the Lions, but he needs to turn that into consistency, and run for that many yards, or close to it, week in and week out.

And, I still believe that his Starter over him in San Diego, LaDanian Tomlinson, as well as Adrian Peterson of the Vikings and even Brian Westbrook of the Eagles are the 3 that are going to be the league rushing leaders when it's all said and done.

However, if Michael Turner runs week in and week out the same way he played this past week, then he will make the 2,000 club for sure, and be the league's leading rusher as well. I personally, just don't see it happening. The Falcons went up against a banged-up Detroit Lions team. I am anxious to see how Michael turner does against a slightly more competitive ball club. Until he blows me away in a more competitive game, or the 3 elite RBs (Westbrook, LT, and AP) start to falter, I'm sticking with my prediction.

Check out my website latestsportsnews.110mb.com for the latest sports news and headlines from around your favorite sports leagues

While he did have a tremendous day yesterday, they were playing Detroit.

hello...........DETROIT.

Not exactly a power house defense.

I think he will have a very successful season but Im not elevating him to elite just yet.

If hes in the top 5 running backs or the top 10 in total yards by their bye week in week 7 I will give him props but I dont expect that to happen.

They play @ Tampa Bay, home against the Chiefs, @ Carolina, @ Green Bay and then home against Chicago before the bye week. Thats pretty brutal in my opinion.

For this week though, he did amazing and Im happy for him. I hope he keeps it up.

• M O

He hung 220 on the Lions. Stop proclaiming him a 2000 yd back.

with no passing game i seriously doubt it. Other teams are going to have 7 or 8 in the box most of the time.

I predict yesterday will be his worst game of the season, and that he'll break 3000 yards on the way to a Falcon's Superbowl victory.

No but he will break 1000 yds if they O-Line plays like they did sunday and he stays healthy.

i agree completely as long as they play the lions every week. That defensive juggernaut from detroit is a great example of the leagues best defenses to measure your whole year on.

probably not because its his first year as a starter, but you never know because adrian peterson tor up the league in his fist year.

hell no. look out for fast willie parker baby.