I permenantly deleted my facebook account and feel great!!?

Has anyone else decided to leave facebook, how does it feel? Why did you do it? I was on there for two years and whilst I really enjoyed it at first, it started to take over my life and became an obsession, one which made me feel inadequate with my perfectly normal happy life. I didnt have loads of photos of me... show more Has anyone else decided to leave facebook, how does it feel? Why did you do it?

I was on there for two years and whilst I really enjoyed it at first, it started to take over my life and became an obsession, one which made me feel inadequate with my perfectly normal happy life. I didnt have loads of photos of me on there documenting every stage of my life, nor did I have very many friends. I started to to feel unwanted, like I wasnt normal, I mean every twenty year old has 100's of friends, a the most amazing social life, out drinking every night and carries a camera with them every time they go out so they can add pictures of their marvelous time on facebook, except me :(.

I would get contacted by people I'd prefer not to stay in contact with, out of politeness (which I must admit, with hindsight was stupid on my part) I would add them and consequently have to witness every action/drama in their lives, mini-feeds about how tired they are, what they were eating,. where they are, what they are doing, (I did later learn how to switch those blasted news-feed off). Then there was the stalking...I became fascinated with finding out everything about certain people, particularly someone I had a crush on, I wont go into, but was really starting to turn into a weirdo, on on few occassions stayed up all night for hours till 5am looking through this persons profile, reading every single comment they have made, picture they had been tagged on, friends they had.

Then theres there applications...admitidely I managed to cope with them for over a year, before working out how to completely remove them ffom my profile. Now they were the icing on the cake, I havent a clue of why I didnt leave earlier, I would have people I didnt really like, telling me what they thought of me by trying to rate how attractive/ugly I am, bid on me, bite me, and remind me how uncool I am by putting me eight at the bottom of the coolness chart.

What I disliked most was the how facebook somehow made the world feel alot smaller, perhaps too small. I think its great when theres things its nice not to know, good or bad-it creates mystery, the unknown, which can be positive.

Why I have just written this?? Maybe im just trying to get the last smiggen of FB out of my system. Oh! by the why I have permenatly deleted it, no just deactivated it, so its gone for good!! yephee!!!

If you love facebook, then good for you!! If you havent a clue of what im talking about just move on. This question is mainly for people who have left facebook or at least are considering, I wana know how you feel.

Update: To permenatley delete your account, Log into your facebook then click on the help button, I think its at the bottom on the right of your main profile page. Then in the help search type "delete facebook account". It will come up with a answer, a huge paragraph about permentaly deleting your account.... show more To permenatley delete your account,

Log into your facebook then click on the help button, I think its at the bottom on the right of your main profile page. Then in the help search type "delete facebook account". It will come up with a answer, a huge paragraph about permentaly deleting your account. There should be a link there saying "delete account". Its pretty straightforward from there onwards.
Update 2: JohnD, my question is on the first line of the main body of text. My question is, what have your experiences been like..why did you leave etc

Ppkuk, I very much doubt it! :p