My boyfriend broke up with me in a way that left me confused and not understanding what his true feelings were?

Hey Guys! I apologize if this is very lengthy, but I need some help to understand what happened with me and my ex-boyfriend? Okay, we dated for about four months and finally he asked me to be his girlfriend. After a while, we got into a dumb argument about not being able to hangout too late at night. The problem... show more Hey Guys! I apologize if this is very lengthy, but I need some help to understand what happened with me and my ex-boyfriend? Okay, we dated for about four months and finally he asked me to be his girlfriend. After a while, we got into a dumb argument about not being able to hangout too late at night. The problem started when he found out that I had not mentioned about him to my parents and wanted to introduce him to my family as a friend and not my boyfriend. I just needed more time. We then did not speak for about three days and when we finally spoke on the phone, we argued even more and I told him that if he wanted to be with me he had to tell me at that moment on the phone. I was not breaking up with him and spoke without thinking.

The next day, he apologized for hurting me and said that I was a great thing that came to his life. I begged to see him and told him that I did not break up with him, but he refused to see me and we basically broke up. Then, I was able to convince him to see me, but said that we could not get back together. He said that we were going to fall in love six months down the line and if I was aware of that? I even mentioned to him on MSN that I loved him and he never replied back. He would never open up his emotions to me. Was he a player? I cried so much to get back with him, but he never agreed to it. During that time, I got a promotion in my job and he also worked for the same company. The only problem was that he was struggling to maintain the job and eventually got fired. He was not able to pass an important test for the job and lied to me that he had passed the test and they fired him because he constantly failed the test. He had mentioned to me that he still wanted to be my friend and he felt so bad when I refused. He said that he could not ever see me with anyone else and that the only problem was the timing and that our relationship was perfect otherwise.

Recently, I saw a picture of us on his myspace page and I am the only girl there. He has a song on his profile on his myspace about not wanting to fall in love.

I am so confused and I do not know what happened to us and why he just did not want to give me a second chance. Please help me understand what could be the real problem.

BTW he never tried to use me for sex, even when we had a chance, he did not want to take advantage of me, and we never did something like that.