What is Christmas like in San Francisco? I'm writing a children's book that takes place there. ?

What is the atmosphere and mood like, does it snow, how are the neighborhoods decorated, what are some of the activities and traditions that take place, especially for kids. And San Fran is famous for those row houses right? Any websites I could visit? Any help is much appreciated. Thank You.

• Pat D
    Favorite Answer

I also recommend visiting San Francisco in Dec. I've been there twice in Dec and enjoyed it each time. Weather can be cold and windy, or just cold at night, or sometimes rainy. It's usually cool but not cold during the day. The downtown area, esp in the Union Square Shopping district has lots of lights and store displays. It's fun to ride the cable cars at night and see all the city lights.

Everyone who knows about writing says to "write what you know" so either visit SF in Dec or change the location of your story to a place you know...that's my suggestion.

(And by the way, it doesn't really snow in SF although possibly it might have briefly done so in some freak weather situation. But that's not normal or expected.)

• ?

No it does not snow.besides the undeniable fact that that's chilly,all you like is a coat between heavy and lightweight,that's alluring! There are extensive Christmas trees in downtown San Fransisco,and at night you seem out the window it is so fairly!

why not make up a place about christmas somewhere

it helps if u experience for your self instead of asking other people

Maybe you should go visit S.F. and find out for yourself.