Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Did anyone else LOVE Russell Brands VMA opening?!?!?!?!?!?

i was laughing so hard! the way he talked about the jonas brothers being virgins and then talked about republicans and george bush and stuff omg he was SOOO funny!!!

oh and how freakin amazing did britney spears look!!!!

• Leela
    Favorite Answer

Russell Brand is one of THE funniest people on the planet right now, just that this mtv thing was not his best show, he was probably a bit nerve racked.

Really though, Russell is a brilliant, beautiful soul. I'm reading his biography My Booky Wook-- it's the single most entertaining and engaging book I've read yet. His Radio 2 show on the BBC is good fun. Watching him dance about in his underpants while playfully singing "Dream a Little Dream of Me" inspired me to dance around too... I fancy him verrrrry much!

I've got nothing but love love love for Russell Brand!!!!!

The George Bush and Jonas Brothers jokes were hella funny! But I didn't like the way he interrupted Robert Pattinson and didn't let him get a word in. That was just rude.

And Britney was f*cking awesome! I loved her dress, and finally she won a Moonman after 16 nominations! Congratulations, Britney! She's definitely BACK!

Definately agree with u on britney spears. She looked fantastic and im so happy for her winning these awards. Brand is soo funny. Everyone is all in an uproar over his comments but come on...give the guy a break...hes a comedian.

He kinda makes me think of Jack Sparrow hosting the VMAs.

Yeah it was so hilarious what he said about Bush and the republicans!!! lol.

But the part about the jonas brothers was mean and judgemental...

I don't really get why Democrats feel the need to bash on Republicans all the time. I don't know, I thought it was in poor taste. And it would be in poor taste if it was the other way around as well, with Republicans bashing Democrats. I think people just act very petty about politics and there was no place for it at the VMa's.

it was funny!!! i was LOL !!! love the part of the jonas and george bush!!

yeaaah ... britney look soooo HOT ... is great to see her again like the way she use to be! 2 awards so far

i thought he was awesome and really funny.. everyone's just freaking out because he made fun of their precious little jonas brothers.. i say kudos for having the balls to make fun of them on live tv.. he's one of my favorite people at the moment

It was freaking awesome!!!.I dont know why people didn't laugh more though.It was so good Im watching the opening again.

i think he is hilarious! i loved how he said he had one of the jonas brother's rings LOL

except i didnt like when he cut off robert patterson*sp

I LOVED it! I thought he was hilarious! and ppl are taking it waaaaaaaaaayyyy too seriously! i mean, hes a comedian! its his job to make fun of people. and the audience seemed to think ti was pretty funny. but the stuff about sarah palin and her daughter and her daughters boyfriend....that was really funny!!!