Anybody know anything about Anaheim Achieves?

Anybody know what you do at the program and how it works.

thanx

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Anaheim Achieves is an after-school program for K-12 students in Anaheim School districts, run by the Anaheim Family YMCA.

If you would like more information or would like to sign your child up for Anaheim Achieves, contact the Anaheim Family YMCA at 714-360-4689.

Here is a little information I pulled off the Anaheim Family YMCA website www.anaheimymca.org :

Anaheim Achieves provides more than 5,200 kids at 48 schools with a safe, positive environment after school is dismissed each day.

Anaheim Achieves has earned state and national recognition for its outstanding curriculum in academics, enrichment and recreation.

Beyond that, Anaheim Achieves promotes community safety, parent involvement, and volunteerism and civic pride. Anaheim Achieves builds upon the school districts' exceptional daytime curriculum by providing literacy development, homework assistance, mentoring, enrichment activities (art, music, dance), character development and countless more activities. All sites are open until 6 p.m. The program is offered to students for $33 per month at the elementary schools and for free at the junior highs. Financial assistance is available.

Here are just some of the benefits students receive:

. Homework/study time to help address specific academic needs

. Structured recreational and enrichment activities

. Monthly field trips (at no extra cost)

. Character Development (to learn about honesty, caring, respect and responsibility)

. Afternoon snacks

. One-on-one mentors and tutors

. A variety of Clubs, including cooking, drama, sports, arts & crafts, cheerleading and more.

http://www.afterschoolnetwork.org/node/188 is another resource for Anaheim Achieves.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Source(s): www.anaheimymca.org
  • 3 years ago

Anaheim Achieves

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

lots of things!!!! I owe money to 2 different hospitals, owe friends 20 dollars (they get that tonite, owe people apologies, owe my soul to rock and roll :) There probably is a lot more, I am under a mountain of debt.... oh, I know I owe 2 cell phone companies and a band a couple hundred dollars. whew!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.