Russell Brand the host of the vmas?

Is it just me or is this guy a total loser. Hes dissin on Bush and saying retard on tv. Hes stupid

Well Texas Tech does suck so... (for Tracee)

• Leela
    Favorite Answer

He's amazing!!!!!!!!

Russell Brand is one of THE funniest people on the planet right now, just that this mtv thing was not his best show, he was probably a bit nerve racked.

Really though, Russell is a brilliant, beautiful soul. I'm reading his biography My Booky Wook-- it's the single most entertaining and engaging book I've read yet. His Radio 2 show on the BBC is good fun. Watching him dance about in his underpants while playfully singing "Dream a Little Dream of Me" inspired me to dance around too... I fancy him verrrrry much!

I've got nothing but love love love for Russell Brand!!!!!

I think he was absolutely correct about bush. VOTE OBAMA! But he may have gone a little too far with the purity subject. I personally think that it was all in good humor but some may not take it as innocently flamboyant as he meant it. I personally think Jordan Sparks' remark about people who have sex before marriage and that they are sluts was much more terrible than anything Russell Brand said. Russell Brand was making jokes while Jordan Sparks made a harsh generalization about people who don't have the same moral standards that a chastity ring symbolizes. Jordan Sparks may have said that in haste and not thought it through...but still. When you're on national television you think things through, especially considering she had ample time. Anyway, I would much rather side with Russell Brand considering he was making jokes and not being flat-out judgemental.

I completely agree with Macabre. The Bush jokes were fine by me. But I did cringe quite a bit when he was going on and on about the Jonas Brothers "ungrateful" promise to God.

I don't like the Jonas Brothers. And I hate it when popstars go out of their way to let everyone know how Christian and virginal they are. Who cares? But I thought Russell's comments were offensive to the thought of chastity altogether. I'm not outraged or anything but I did think it was going a little too far....at least on an award show that sooo many people are watching live.

Source(s): my opinion. :)

First off, this guy is a total idiot. Who does he think he is to try to give political advice and opinions. I don't tune into the Presidential Debate to get the advice and opinions on music!!!

Second, his profession is in comedy??? He was lame as hell and you could even see it in the audience that they could tell MTV had made a mistake in the host.

Third, if you're famous in the UK...do F'ing shows in the UK! MTV - You suck since you decided to stop showing "Music TV" and you have been going down hill since then...VMAs was a disaster!

Wow.....I for one can not believe that he was allowed to say everything he said!!!! I was offended.....I am watching a video music awards show and I really don't care who he thinks america should vote for and what he thinks of Bush. AND I think it was rude of him to make fun of the Jonas Brothers for staying virgins until marriage. He is a complete idiot and I hope MTV gets complaints about this!!!!

• lilley

Yeah, I agree. i think of Brittany did not deserve any of her awards. I propose, that's the VIDEO track Awards, not the Sucking-as much as Britney Spears Awards. Plus, how can the worst track video, for the quite a few varieties she replaced into nominated for, win!! Her video for "Piece of Me" sucked!!! Btw, i assumed Russell sort replaced into hilarious, yet he did go slightly far with the entire "promise ring" concern, yet i think of it replaced into fairly humorous while he replaced into picking on the Jonas Brothers. i won't be in a position to stand them!!

He sucks. He's rambling and very annoying. Lay off the Jonas Brothers for goodness sake. Off subject---Lil Wayne was fire though. Loved his performance

• suesue

he was in

forgetting sarah marshall

he is pretty big in the uk

i like that he is something different

he does need to fix his hair (ewww)

every year bush has been dissed on the mtv awards music or movies

i dont get how tons of americans hate bush, and when a foreign person does, americans get mad

its kinda like the N word

i like him i think hes funny

ew. i don't like him.

he made the vma's suck!