Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I reset my system text format?

I uninstalled Audiosurf from my Windows XP laptop, and now most of the text I see - text in Firefox, text in Google Chrome, text in AIM, etc - is either bolded or italicized (e.g. if I read a Wikipedia article, all the text in the article is either bolded or italicized. The text in this text box right now is all bold. In Firefox, everything is bolded. In Google Chrome, everything is italicized). I tried a system restore, but it didn't work. Any ideas how I can switch the text back to normal?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try this, backup your registry first to be on the safe side!

Go to Start > Run,

Type regedit to open the registry editor.

Now navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes

Double click on "MS Shell Dlg" and put in the font style you want as the value.

Double click on "MS Shell Dlg 2" and again put in the font style you want as the value.

After you are finished, restart your pc.

Make sure you enter a font that is installed on your computer. To see a list of all available fonts, open C:\WINDOWS\Fonts, I would suggest that you use something like Times New Roman or Arial.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.