Christopher Columbus was NOT from Spain....he was SPONSORED BY SPAIN.
1) At one time the Spanish Armada controled the seas.
2) Spain is a full member of NATO.
3) Spanish explorers lead the exploration of the Americas.
4) Spain hosted the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona
5) Franco’s military dictatorship kept Spain OUT of WWII.
6) Napoleon’s brother Joseph was once a King of Spain.
7) Spain was once part of the Roman Empire.
8) King Ferdinand and Queen Isabel united the country and began the process of converting the people to Christianity. The same King and Queen of Columbus' time.
9) African Muslims once captured and ruled Spain.
10) Ancient Celts once settled the area of Spain before traveling north to Ireland & Scotland.
11) Actors Antonio Banderas & Penélope Cruz are from Spain
12) Famous artists Salvador Dalí, Pablo Picasso & El Greco are from Spain
13) Famous explorers Francisco Vásquez de Coronado, Hernán Cortés, Vasco Núñez de Balboa, Juan Ponce de León and Hernando de Soto were from Spain.
14) Spain settled the FIRST European settlement in what is now the United States, St Augustine, Florida.