Are there any other Mulattos(Mixed with black and white)that consider themselves white?

Let's just forget the "One Drop Rule" and just give me an honest answer.If you're not biracial, do you know anyone that does? I consider myself white...I don't have black friends and I don't really want any. I feel offended when blacks say I'm attractive but I love when the whites tell me I'm attractive.I guess that you could say that I don't like part of my race but I love the white and Italian sides.

I didn't mean to pick the LGBT category. I wasn't paying attention...LOL!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

That's all right, forget categories: I don't pay attention to them in any case; only that I scan YA and pluck out the question whose answer might intrigue. That's all.

The One drop rule you speak to is of course but a got-up expedient; has no basis in any case except in the fog of thought in the minds of men.

Now, it is this. You are allowed that you should abide your feelings, your experiences. What could possibly be found wrong with this where you do nothing to harm anything and anyone anywhere anytime inasmuch as you are conscious of what is proper or not? No secret is there that Gravity and its inherent law favors the white race in this hemisphere in no less way than principles of gravity connote favor of the heaviest number anywhere -- this, whether regarding a race of people or a host of neutron stars. No part of this world is excepted from the law of gravity, not literally by law nor by metaphor, as I have here given.

And only is it natural in you or anyone to accord what is innate in us all; that natural things should abide the laws of nature and endeavor to travel a path of least resistance.

Yet there is a fine spark in each of us that supersedes any the fitness of Natural Laws, which prompts us to go and ascertain just how to tool ourselves, to learn what evidences a better means of facilitating resolve to our respective dilemmas, certainly on this thing of race; and that a broader and more incisive point of view and technique should be found encumbent that we might avail ourselves best to what we feel and experience -- though words and thought can be found too often miserably lacking.

You might commence with somewhat more fundamental and deeper peering into the intention of words you use. Here, we find that the word "mulatto" is a got-up term and more than a mere word -- got-up by not clear-headed people who shared little if any regard for human life...

The "mulatto" is thus a term that derived from the word "mule, a reference to those who were born to and associated with that definite misfortune of being black chattel slaves, who often wore yolks and harnesses as did any horse or mule or work animal. And thus did any person bearing that genetic marker of the black race have the misfortune to approximate black slaves by default, and were thereby coined "mulatto." Never was its intent meant to serve anything more than that of a depricating design. The result is that the mulatto was neither revered nor loved by anyone, neither white nor black people. This persists to this very day.

But there 'are' devices you can use to neutralize this feeling or specter you feel you are faced with: you are well to drop the term and its use from your language, for it denotes nothing but blatant vulgarism and extreme offense: that is, it is one thing to use a term or have a point of view; it is another thing altogether to believe and hold it as completely normal to use and have. This does not demonstrate having a sophisticated grasp on the world around you.

That this unrest is something of issue with you is the very means by which you can make it subject to change for the better or say, become less constrictive and parochial. Intention is powerful, and to intend to do anything is to at once commence a new cycle, a new turn.

Meanwhile, don't be severe or dogmatic either; have your opinion and point of view as now exists till such time as experience does change you, for the reality of what you observe is real and should not be something about which we can be in denial.

There naturally exists in human beings a loathing for any number of things generally; and there exists self-loathing specifically about certain sets of things, which in the subject of race has often been found the bane of not few black people -- call it a default, an inversion caused by say, the gravity of America's history itself and to which dilemma many black people have had to resolve in order to survive, and to which not few white people have practiced a cavalier attitude and privelege.

Good and evil, ugly and beautiful have their standards, as does time have its measures. Things take time, and gravity's influences are just that way amid the legacies and differences in cultures and races and creeds.

This is true in America. In other parts of the world, biracial people have their own class. There are people considered "white" in Brazil that would be designated "black" in the US. In Pre-Civil War Louisiana, there was an entire class of people called "Gens de Couleur Libres". They were bi-racial; French, Spanish and African. They were a free class between whites and slaves. They had their own culture and took great pride in their mixed heritage. After the Civil War, with the advent of segregation; they were designated "black". Segregation would not have functioned with a buffer class. The "Gens de Couleur Libres" fought to remain a distinct group, but to no avail. Some looked “white” and married into that group. Others were darker and assimilated into the black community. They always resented this forced choosing between their dual heritages. Today, there is an effort to educate the larger society about their history and contributions. I saw this Public Television program. It was really interesting. They want to be acknowledged; not as black or white, but both. Personally, I think bi-racial people should not choose. Choosing allows racists to ignore that we are all mixed. Not choosing mocks racism and erodes it like rain on a rock!

• jenny

My dads black and my mom is white. I just consider myself mixed. I don't label myself as just either black nor white. If someone asks, I will tell them. Other than that, I'm mixed. You shouldn't hate the other part of your race, you should be proud of it. I know I am :)

I have white friends, and black friends. More white than black though. I still like them just as equally. That's too bad, you should too.

Source(s): me

Try being proud of who you are in full form, eh?

Besides, the 'one drop' thing is stupid as hell. If you're half and half, you're biracial, not black, not white. Biracial.

This includes Obama, whom I'm voting for. =)

Source(s): Bisexual, Buddhist, About 90% black (most blacks in America aren't 100%)
  • Mulatto is a very offensive term, never use it, and be proud of yourself it's who you are, and how you will die.