promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What were/are Richard Dawkins' (scientist) views?

I have to do this for a homework thing...all i know is that he thought religion was stupid...can anyone help please.. thanks :D

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Feivel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Richard Dawkins only views seem to be that he hates religion and loves Richard Dawkins and thinks he himself is so utterly intelligent he can change the world to atheism.

He has a webiste. You should look it up. He talks about his viewpoints on science.

I don't want to do your homework for you. Sorry.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

So this is for a "homework thing," and you've come up with the novel idea of getting a quick and easy answer to your question through R&S. Sorry, girl, but you're going to have to put out a bit more effort (at least from me). What you want to know about Dawkins, besides the fact that he's a British biologist and probably the most well-known atheist (although sometimes he sounds more like an agnostic) around today, may be found by READING some of his written work, the most famous being "The God Delusion." Caution: Some of the stuff in the book will most probably be way over your head.

Sheesh! Some people are just so freaking lazy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's a poor representation of Dawkins as an evolutionary biologist, but bluntly, he does think religion is stupid and he is right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"all i know is that he thought religion was stupid"

I would say that fairly sums it up. He has got nothing more to say really. Every time he writes a book which is supposed to bring religious beliefs tumbling down, and it fails to do so, he feels compelled to write yet another one, and then another, and then another....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He's one of the most eminent evolutionary biologists on the planet and unlike the creationists who vilify him his qualifications are real and came from proper universities.

• 1 decade ago

He is a talented biologist who also happens to be an atheist.

• 1 decade ago

Go do your own homework. He does have a website, you know.

Also, a recent book on the topic; read it.

Source(s): http://richarddawkins.net/ The God Delusion: Richard Dawkins
  • He's an evolutionary biologist and ethologist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins

That should help a lot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read his book, It's much more interesting than the bible, and actually it is the complete opposite of the bible as it contains the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he was a biologist who pondered evolution and he was not an atheist, he was agnostic. look him up on the web in wikipedia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.