How to write a commentary?

My teacher for my literary criticism class is having me write a one paragraph commentary on a passage from Troilus and Criseyde. The only problem is: I've never written a commentary, and I'm not quite sure what it is. Can anyone explain to me exactly what I should be writing in this commentary?

• Josh
    Favorite Answer

A commentary is basically an expression of opinions or explanations. You should read the passage, and you can explain the difficult parts to understand in more understandable words. You can often also give an opinion on the passage.

I've never read the passage, so I cannot give you specific information on how to write the commentary.

instead of status in front of the class and giving a Oral assertion, you are able to write it out and hand it in to the instructor. Your instructor is being incredibly cool and not forcing you to chat in public.... yet i guess you get greater suitable credit in case you supply the oral assertion instead. The assertion is basically your view of interview or newspaper web site... i'm guessing considering which you didnt comprehend what written assertion which you're able to desire to stay faraway from poetry... you wont get it.