Two words ending with Gry ...correct Answer to finally settle this age old question?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
The original wording of this riddle is, "Angry" and "hungry" are two common English words that end with "gry". What is the third word? The actual first sentence isn't a question it's ...show more
Update : Gry is a suffix so to the 9th answer energy is impossible to be the ...show more
Best Answer
Hmm my grandma told me this one:

-Angry
-Hungry
-Energy

Energy may not be in the order of "gry" but it still ends in the letters "G" "R" AND "Y" in some shape or form.

Hope i helped!

EDIT:
The Gry Puzzle is a popular puzzle that asks for the third English word, other than "angry" and "hungry," that ends with the letters "-gry." Aside from words derived from "angry" and "hungry," there is no stand-alone word ending in "-gry" that is in current usage.

Both Webster's Third New International Dictionary of the English Language, Unabridged (Merriam-Webster, Inc., 2002, ISBN 0-87779-201-1) and the Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition (Oxford University Press, 1989, ISBN 0-19-861186-2) contain the compound word "aggry bead." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gry

Well then are you sure you have said this riddle right? im sure your supposed to say/type:

Think of words ending in "-gry". "Angry" and "hungry" are two of them. There are only three words in "the English language." What is the third word?

so that means the answer is language.
It is the third word of "the English language". The question needs to be spoken, otherwise the quotation marks give away the trick. This version apparently originated in 1996.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bob R answered 6 years ago
    sooo, whats your question? you seem to have answered it yourself.
    • Comment
  • sheila m answered 6 years ago
    my head just exploded...its saturday night ffs
    • Comment
  • Rhynyshia Rocks answered 6 years ago
    wow
    • Comment
  • smashbros_gta4 answered 6 years ago
    orgy
    • Comment
  • Brophy answered 6 years ago
    cooooooooool
    • Comment
  • Kigeni answered 6 years ago
    There are myriad answers to that question, depending on how it's spoken- meagry is another that ends in gry, but agree could also work for the spoken question, and "the English language" is another common answer. Check this site out, it covers pretty much all the answers. ^.^

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • co0olio0 answered 6 years ago
    no offense, but that was a very pissing riddle
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Eric T answered 6 years ago
    angry
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In