Has anyone ever failed the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-Employment Test? ?

TDCJ - stands for Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Is it hard to pass?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is the old MMPI military psyche test for top secret clearances that has been revamped for Corrections. Basically, 600 questions that are answered by choosing 1 of 5 answers or true/false. It is going to ask you how to handle a specific scenario. The entire test is graded by a computer. It will have about 25 scenarios that are phrased differently to see if your judgment is similar to the basic problem while the indicies change.

It isnt a hard test. Dont overread the questions. Answer it straight up. If you are not sure of an answer, skip it and finish the test. When you are done, start back over and reread the ones you skipped. Sometimes by answering a later (but similar) question, it will prompt the response you are looking for in the skipped one.

Best of luck and I hope this is useful to you

Source(s): 20 years as a Corrections Officer in a max prison
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • harvis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Tdcj Test

• 4 years ago

I don't know the second part of your question. But for the most part, it's a DRUG SCREEN, as well as a physical to make sure you don't have any sever injuries, or illnesses that will make you unable to get through training, or conditions that might be exacerbated through training. I would ask a recruiter at the academy for more details.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.