Brin asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

how would you feel about the economy if......?

gas cost 1.14 per gallon. Would that magically cure the economy?

By the way thats how much natural gas costs at the moment. Something McCain/Palin are promoting.

Update:

V, why do you think every thing sould be "given" to you?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel fine about the economy now. I got a fixed rate mortgage before the so-called "mortgage crisis" and people thought I was dumb for paying .25% more in interest. My investments have held strong and even a few of them improved. My retirement accounts didn't change at all. I can't really buy into the bad economy theory.

• LeAnne
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It would certainly go a long way in lowering the prices of all commodities - from groceries to all transported goods.

Natural gas, at last check, was about 60% the price of gasoline - per gallon - I don't know honestly how a gallon of gasoline compares on an MPG comparison with natural gas in real world transportation needs.

• 1 decade ago

$1.14 a gallon gas would sure help. Another thing they need to do is stop this silly ethanol use of corn. Who was so stupid to think that you can take a food product and change it's use with no consequence? That is high school economics 101.

• 1 decade ago

McCain/Palin promoting is WAR. If that gives the gas 1.14 per gallon....I would hang my self.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ash
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, of course not. Good idea but one simple idea doesn't solve a complex problem.

How am I gonna run my car on natural gas? Am I gonna have to buy a new car? If so, then will it be only people who can afford a new car who can also enjoy lowered fuel prices?

NOTE: Robert J - it's called cellulosic ethanol and it's being worked on. Just get the farm lobby to back off on their corn ethanol subsidies.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are many more things effecting the economy then the price of gas.

Food

Jobs

Housing (all the foreclosures)

but the natural gas idea is a good one! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, that would actually magically cure the economy.

Fuel costs are affecting the price of EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That would be a huge improvement. People would be able to pay down their credit card debts, and buy these foreclosed homes.

• V
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Would that give people their jobs and houses back? Or give them health care?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.