UK - Regarding Importing Japanese Samurai Swords (10 PTS!!!)?

I know that in April 2008 a law was passed which banned the import of Japanese samurai swords, but I heard there were a few exceptions: 1. Religious reasons 2. Theatrical, museum, re-enactment and traditional dance purposes 3. "hand forged" or "traditionally made" swords 4. antique swords made before the 2nd... show more I know that in April 2008 a law was passed which banned the import of Japanese samurai swords, but I heard there were a few exceptions:

1. Religious reasons
2. Theatrical, museum, re-enactment and traditional dance purposes
3. "hand forged" or "traditionally made" swords
4. antique swords made before the 2nd world war

The sword I want to buy from eBay is HAND FORGED and made out of high-quality carbon steel. Does this give me an exception, and the USA-based seller can ship me the item without problems?

I was thinking of calling Customs and having a long talk with them about exemptions to this rule just to make sure there wouldn't be any problems, but I'd rather not go through that whole process and hopefully someone here can answer my question.

Serious answers only please.