I woke up with a swollen eyelid and swollen outside corner? ?

I woke up with a swollen eyelid and swollen outside corner. How long will this last? Should i be worried?

There is no bump in my eyelid and my eye is white like it should be. I've never had this happen to me before and I know i did not hurt my eye for this swelling to happen. Whats wrong with my eyelid? =[

Best Answer

Swelling is a common sign of allergic reaction. It might be nothing if it goes away in an hour. Watch for other signs that your body is reacting to something. Any other parts that have rash, itching, swelling. If so, food allergies are a possibility. Write down everything you ate in the last 39 hours.

There is also a chance that you rubbed your eye in your sleep or it's a mosquito bite. No worry at all.

Wake Up With Swollen Eyes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): woke swollen eyelid swollen corner: https://tr.im/iUDJC

Is there a little bump on the outside? This may be a sty, and putting warm compresses on your eye (with the eye closed of course) can help it go down. If your eye is red and irritated, go see a doctor, it could be pink eye... otherwise, if it's just puffy, it could be allergies... Wait a couple hours after waking up. You can also run a metal spoon under cold water and place the back on the area... this works like a cucumber to reduce swelling that many people get as they wake up in the morning. One other option is gels like "baggage handler"... Good luck!

It should go away within a day. If not, you should check with your doctor. It's possible that it was bitten by a bug, maybe your skin is just dry around that area, or maybe you have allergies. Last year I used to wake up with swollen eyes because they were dry from my makeup. There is really no reason to be worried, unless it hurts or something.

• Laura

woke swollen eyelid swollen corner

• i wouldn't worry. put ice on it and take ibuprofen. if it gets drainage or swells more severe go get it checked

this is a case of eye infection. that is due to some eye irritation or mayb u r handling a bit too bad. u shld let it pop or seek treatment

Get a gold ring and rub it on it, it'll go away!