5 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

口技 的英文應該是 vocal mimicry 比較適當

請看 2005/3/26 的 Los Angels Times

Elephants Found to Use Vocal Mimicry

March 26, 2005 in print edition A-14

Elephants have an unusual ability to mimic and learn new sounds, which scientists believe they use as a form of acoustic communication.

大象有一特殊模仿並學習各種新奇聲音的能力,科學家們認為它們把這種能力當作一種聽覺交流的形式

Birds, bats, primates and marine mammals do it, but this is the first time the trait has been found in elephants, said Joyce Poole of the Amboseli Elephant Research Project in Nairobi, Kenya.

鳥類,蝙蝠,靈長類和海生的哺乳動物都會如此,但是這是此種特性第一次被發現在大象身上,在肯亞首都奈洛比 Amboseli大象研究計畫的 Joyce Poole 這麼說

“Elephants appear to be capable of imitating other sounds, including those that are not part of their repertoire,” Poole said.

她說“大象表現出有模仿其他聲音的能力,包括一些原來不是屬於它們的全部技能”

She and her colleagues recorded a 10-year-old African female elephant named Mlaika who imitated truck sounds. She lived in a semicaptive group of orphaned elephants in Tsavo, Kenya.

她和她的同事們錄下了一隻名叫 Mlaika 的10歲非洲母象模仿卡車的聲音。它居住在肯亞Tsavo國家公園的一個半開放的象群中

Her night stockade was two miles from the Nairobi-Mombasa highway. She mimicked the truck sounds for several hours after sunset, which is the optimal time for transmission of low-frequency sounds in African savannas.

它的晚上柵欄距離奈洛比和肯亞第二大城市Mombasa的高速公路兩英里。它在日落之後模仿卡車的聲音好幾個小時,這是在非洲大草原傳遞低頻率聲音的最好時間

In another case, a 23-year-old African male elephant named Calimero, who was raised with Asian female elephants in Basel Zoo in Switzerland, learned chirping sounds, which are typical of Asian but not African elephants.

在另一個例子,一隻名叫 Calimero 的23歲非洲公象,它是和一隻亞洲母象一起養在瑞士的 Basel 動物園,學會模仿嘁嘁喳喳的聲音,這在亞洲象來說是很平常的但不是非洲象。

• Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ventriloquism (n.) = 口技

The art or practice of speaking, with little or no lip movement, in such a manner that the voice does not appear to come from the speaker but from another source, as from a wooden dummy

Also called ventriloquy

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Ventriloqui... .

2008-09-06 11:11:14 補充:

Sorry, I have misunderstood your question. It should be "sound imitation".

I don't know if there is 專有名詞 for that. I will see if I can find any.

2008-09-06 11:34:05 補充:

Vocal mimicry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kouji

2008-09-06 11:43:40 補充:

That's all I can find. This is another website that talks about "vocal mimicry" as a traditional Chinese art of imitating all kinds of sounds.

http://www.abc.net.au/arts/adlib/stories/s864232.h...

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
  • 1 decade ago

vocal imitation

vocal imitation

vocal imitation

• 1 decade ago

那麼,vocal imitations 如何呢?就是用嘴巴模仿各種聲音..... ^ ^

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

b-box (bbox, b'box, beat-box, beatboxing, vocal percussion)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.