carriec asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

please let me know what you think of music choice for wedding?

This is our thoughts. would love your input.

Seating the guest: going to the chapel

Lighting unity candle: from this moment

First dance: Always

dance with dad: Butterfly kisses

dance with grandfather:Because you loved me

first hour of dancing will be frank Sinatra

and than a mix of music after that.

My brother is such a main part of my life and he will be coming home from Iraq two day before wedding. Can anybody tell me of a good song for a brother/sister dance? thanks a bunch :)

Yea. a whole hour of frank is a long time.However we did hire a band to play "big band music" during the first hour. to the person who said people get sick of those songs. maybe they would, but you know what..the words in those songs mean alot.

Favorite Answer

a whole hour of frank sinatra? what about breaking that up a bit? I love Frankie but that is quite a lot in arow.

As for "from this moment on" I have to say, I am so sick of hearing that song at weddings. At one time it was a very nice song but now it's cheesy and so overplayed I can't stand it and I'm sure most of your guests will feel the same way. Same with butterfly kisses.

Good luck and congrats!

I think it all sounds great! A previous poster stated you might want to break up the Frank Sinatra a bit, and if you decided to do that, I would add Dean Martin, Michael Buble, and others who sing that genre of music so you still get the same feel for that hour.

A nice pick for a brother sister dance might be "what a Wonderful World", though I prefer the Rod Stewart version over the Louis Armstrong....

Good Luck and Congratulations!

It sounds like you have put a lot of thought and personal feelings out there to include everyone that means so much to you. I think that it is absolutely great. You've got a mixture of different music which will make your wedding more enjoyable. I think for you and your brothers dance, how about Unforgettable.....by Nat King Cole and his daughter Natalie. Congratulations on your up coming wedding. Praise God for your Brothers safe return. Good Luck

• sabra

i could choose for a flute duet to play classical products to maintain travellers entertained using fact the time passes. I HATE the Bridal refrain written by Richard Wagner and the single written by Mendelssohn. i could like to artwork in Beau Soir by Claude Debussy someplace interior the ceremony. it rather is an exceedingly dreamy piece of track for the tenor saxophone. For my bridal music i could like the 1st a million:fifty 3 min of Adagio et Rondo by Jean Baptiste Singelee on the tenor saxophone. i could could desire to discover yet another music for something of the party individuals yet on the top once I bypass away i could like a trio of saxophones playing some classic jazz tunes. basically having relaxing and doing even though. convalescing in the event that they choose with a piano.

i agree with the joker.

if ur brother is older maybe u could put that spin on i loved her 1st by heartland

or wind beneath my wings if hes younger.

tell him we all say thanks!

congrats to you and good luck hun!

Well I would say that the your selections up to date seem alright...

And how cool is that that your brother is going to be there for the big day..

I'd say it would depend on the music that he listens to you and that you like.. Country music? rock? good luck

Love all your choices! Congrants!

On another note... to your brother and his brothers and sisters in arms, please tell them that we are waiting for them to all come home safe and sound were they belong

May your new life be long and joyous!!!!!!!!!

i love it and if these songs are sentimental and describe you down to a tee it sounds like you have made a great choice. Also i like your variety, it makes it interesting and not boring