How do people in other countries view Canada's involvement in Afghanistan?

Here in Canada, we're often told by news and government that our military presence in Afghanistan is necessary and heroic. When one of our soldiers dies, we are told it is for a good cause-- that we are bringing democracy to a less fortunate nation. We often hear about the humanitarian efforts of our troops as they build roads and schools too.

But I've also heard that the rest of the world (that is, non-NATO countries) sees our involvement as nothing more than western imperialism. That we're sticking our noses where they don't belong in order to preserve our own interests in the region.

If possible, I'd like to hear from people in countries other than Canada, USA, the UK, and other NATO-member countries.

Favorite Answer

you are infidels and are not welcome

I'm from the US. I take an interest in politics, but I actually had no idea at all that Canada had troops in Afghanistan. So it seems that our media might not have taken a big effort what-so-ever to inform us. There might have been a blurb some where that I missed. Or i could be totally wrong. Maybe they have, but just don't talk about it every day.

• S P

I doubt most people in other countries even know Canada has a military presence in Afghanistan.

Canada is a pawn of Bush, and killing Canadians needlessly.

The USA has become the great global bully, leading the fearful nations of the planet into the abyss.

certainly, that's in basic terms a conjecture question. yet, if we mandatory to bypass in basic terms on the hypothetical, united statesa., if it took place exact now, could win palms down. only positioned, because of the fact united statesa. has a huge skill to undertaking forces to Europe, and Europe has little or no skill to undertaking forces, and to boot the undeniable fact that Europe isn't a unified state, and united statesa. is, besides as long-selection weapons, united statesa. could have the main danger of defeating ecu forces. yet this is without going into information relating to the concepts of Mass, solidarity of Command, Logistics and furnish adn and so on. announcing all of that, i could additionally say that given what Europe has achieved to itself, quite interior the years between 1848 to 1945 There are clarification why ecu forces have observed a military technique of mutual protection as a exchange of tension projection and observed a technique this is orientated in the direction of the eradication of state-on-state conflict.

I'm from USA and since we were attacked by the leader of that country i think it isn't 'evil' to go after him. Since you guys are our allies it makes sense you guys are there to.

if any country on earth deserved help more its the afghans, they are a proud decent people. and as an american knowing their history and how they stood up to soviet invasion in the past , they certainly deserve americas help and canadian help as well. so you should be proud.

canada has been promised some share from the oil revenue! and contracts