Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is it legal to burn the Confederate Flag?

I found one not too long ago. Instead of tossing it in the garage as something I might sell on Ebay or throwing it out, I figure it would best be burned. What do you think?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Confederate flag has no official standing, it is just a piece of cloth. Burn away.

Speaking as a life long southerner whose family first settled in North Carolina in the 1750's I can tell you, I used to be proud of the stars and bars. That was until I learned that the flag was reintroduced to southern state flags in the 1940's as a protest to integration and minority rights.

Now that dreadful arrangement of cloth fills me with nothing but shame and disgust. It no longer represents heritage or history but hatred.

The confederate flag should be given no more respect than a swastika flag.

Burn it.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is legal to burn any flag - both as political speech and as a more respectful way of retiring it than throwing it into the garbage with the coffee grounds.

• zimmel
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

helpful. it is not an emblem of our u . s . a ., so burning the accomplice flag is effective. or perhaps putting fire to our very own American flag has been deemed to be loose speech at factors in our u . s . a .'s background, besides the undeniable fact that it by no ability has been the act of somebody who's patriotic and proud to be American.

• 1 decade ago

If it's legal to burn the American flag, it's legal to burn any flag in existence in the known universe.

• cool4 years agoReport

NO THERE ARE FIVE STATE THAT HAVE LAWS THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE BURNING OF THAT FLAG.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BruceN
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Burning is the only respectful method of destroying an old flag.

• cool4 years agoReport

NO THERE ARE FIVE STATE THAT HAVE LAWS THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE BURNING OF THAT FLAG.

• 1 decade ago

You can burn it if you like. No one will stop you. You can even burn a US flag. Its legal to do that. Provided you are doing it to express a point of view.

• cool4 years agoReport

• 1 decade ago

You can burn any flag you want to, just be careful who sees you because not everyone is tolerant of it.

• 4 years ago

• cool4 years agoReport

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, sonny, playing with fire is kindof dangerous. Take it to the American Legion and let them deal with it.

• cool4 years agoReport

• 1 decade ago

Nope.

Why don't ya'all come on down to Atlanta and burn yo-self 1 or 2?

• cool4 years agoReport

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.