What do you think about Todd Bentley's ministry?

would you ever donate money to his cause?

Why do you suppose so many follow him? I just cant understand it.

Favorite Answer

No, I would not donate money to Todd Bentley's Ministry.

Here is what I think of him:

Matthew 22:21-23: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

I have had the "Todd Bently discussion" with many people, one of which is a very close friend who believes Todd Bentley is a man of God.

So, let's examine the facts:

First of all, God cannot contradict Himself. It's not possible. He cannot go out of character for Himself, nor can He lie. So, has Todd Bentley portrayed a "god" with a different character? Yes!

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

First thing to note: God does not desire to harm us. He says so in His Word. Yes, He will allow things to happen, but He will not inflict harm upon us.

That being said, Todd Bentley brags about kicking a woman in the face with a biker boot, kneeing a man in the abdomen who had cancer, strangling another man, leg-dropping a pastor, etc...All of these actions go against Jeremiah 29:11. Is God a liar? Or is Todd Bentley off on what he believes?

Secondly, Scripture is clear that many people in the last days will be performing signs and wonders.

As Jesus said in John 4:48, "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

Jesus understood how signs and wonders can cause us to be mesmorized and convinced of a person's authenticity.

2 Timothy 3:2-5 says, "People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

Look at some of those characteristics which define the "worldy way" of living and then compare them with Todd Bentley.

It's easy to say, "Well, he's just human!" But when someone is "overcome with the Spirit" or "drunk in the Spirit", they will not act contrary to Scripture. If they have been so overcome with the Lord that they cannot stand up straight, then there is no way they would be doing an action that goes against Scripture.

Lastly, Fresh Fire Ministries have been quick to say, "Look at his fruits! Look at all the people coming and being saved." Okay, let's look at his fruits. Remember, when Jesus referred to a person's "fruit", He was referring to the fruit of the Spirit. Makes sense, right?

So, here is what Galatians says is the fruit of the spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.

Again, compare those traits with Todd Bentley and see where he measures up.

He's a dominionist maniac, an anti-intellectual, and utterly convinced that he's as close to a prophet as the modern world can get. What bothers me even more is that he has a sizable following. This is a man who, even more than Huckabee, wants to throw out the Constitution in favor of his version of the Bible...using any means available including violence.

Absolutely not, he is a scumbag that exploits the suffering and desperate for personal gain. I'd rather give money to a gypsy psychic.

I find the man and his ministry repulsive. Obviously, I would never send him a dime.

Joke - No - He is not a prophet of God and he doesn't even teach Biblical truths. He is of the spirit of anti-christ - not THE anti-christ, but in the spirit of.

• kudrna

provide up looking at television information. they're brainwashing the two democrats and republicans. as long as we enable them to manage us like this we is easily no longer waiting to discover the bipartisan suggestions to our international locations dire issues.

i usually think about dinner.

NEVER

RUN SCREAMING AND NEVER LOOK BACK

Source(s): HE'S A FALSE TEACHER