Katana sword question?

ok i am going to buy a new katana sword and i have many questions cuz all my life i was training wushu and kung fu and i never used this weapon. so first how many kinds japanese swords and what are they and whats the best length of a sword, i am 6" if you ask. and does all swords even the unshaped ones have to be... show more ok i am going to buy a new katana sword and i have many questions cuz all my life i was training wushu and kung fu and i never used this weapon. so first how many kinds japanese swords and what are they and whats the best length of a sword, i am 6" if you ask. and does all swords even the unshaped ones have to be cleaned and does you have to unsheathe the sword to clean it or there is any other new way to clean it and what could happen to the sword if i didn't clean it but also didn't use it. and who are the best sword makers and where can i buy a good sword up to 200 $. and is there any online places or lessons to learn just the basics of the katana or i have to go to a master.
6 answers 6