Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

songs about North Carolina?

does anybody know any songs about North Carolina?

thanks!

• cz73
    Favorite Answer

Raise Up - Petey Pablo

I'm not a rap fan, but my friends and I used to have fun singing this song.. Here is the chorus:

This one's for North Carolina! C'mon and raise up

Take your shirt off, twist it 'round yo' hand

Spin it like a helicopter

North Carolina! C'mon and raise up

This one's for you, uh-huh, this one's for who?

Us, us, us; yes sir!

there's a blood hound gang song called three point four

A real old song....................Nothing could be finer than to be in carolina

James Taylor!!! In My Mind Im Going to Carolina.

Lyrics below:

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine, can't you just feel the moonshine?

Ain't it just like a friend of mine to hit me from behind? Yes, I'm going to Carolina in my mind.

Karen she's the silver sun, you best walk her way and watch it shine,

watch her watch the morning come.

A silver tear appearing now I'm crying, ain't I? I'm going to Carolina in my mind.

There ain't no doubt in no ones mind that loves the finest thing around,

whisper something soft and kind.

And hey, babe, the sky's on fire, I'm dying, ain't I? I'm going to Carolina in my mind.

Dark and silent late last night, I think I might have heard the highway calling.

Geese in flight and dogs that bite.

And signs that might be omens say I'm going, going, going to Carolina in my mind.

With a holy host of others standing round me, still I'm on the dark side of the moon.

And it seems like it goes on like this forever, you must forgive me

if I'm up and in my mind I'm going to Carolina,

can't you see the sunshine can't you just feel the moonshine?

Gotta make it back home again soon, gotta make it back on home again soon,

gotta make it back to Carolina soon, can't hang around, no babe, gotta make it back home again,

gotta make it back to Carolina soon...

No... But the band Alesana is from there...