Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)French Football (Soccer) · 1 decade ago

Why don't some MLS club have shirt sponsors yet?

Last night's game (FCDallas v. Colorado) featured 2 teams whose jerseys are sponsorless.

Others are New England, Kansas City and San Jose.

Are these teams holding out for lucrative sponsorship deals or keeping their jerseys ad-free for integrity's sake?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think they want to have multimillion dollar sponsorship contracts.

Im sure they have gotten offers but none to their liking.

Source(s): lets see what happens.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i for one am against sponsors on jerseys...sry its an american thing! Americans just put the team name, number, and logo on their jerseys no matter what the sport with the exception of NASCAR (if you consider that a sport) and i really hope to limit the jersey sponsor to minimum of one for MLS teams as i know they are trying to make some money. Last thing i would want is for MLS to be like other leagues like the french leagues or more nearer, the FMF. I still laugh at the moving people billboards especially Pachuca with the big "Office Depot" on the back. Going back to your question, its only a matter of time before all teams get a sponsor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

haha so all the big clubs are embarrassing?(barcelona, manchester united, and arsenal, chelsea, liverpool etc) lol mls fans are seriously stupid. its pretty obvious why they don't have sponsors cause no one watches poor soccer lol cheapass stadiums, cheapass jerseys, and cheapass players! lol

• 1 decade ago

I'm with Supsam, how about those embarrassing FMF jerseys with BIMBO sponsors emblazoned across the front of their jerseys!?

Unfortunately, money always wins over integrity these days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because companys don't want to make their name look bad by putting it on MLS shirt.

• 1 decade ago

cause the sponsors don't like them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.