Why did the Army National Guard unlawfully disarm innocent civilians during Hurricane Katrina?

Some units of the Army National Guard were given illegal and unconstitutional orders to go door-to-door and confiscate the legally-owned firearms of law abiding gun owners! Are Soldier's completely unaware of the 4th Nuremburg Principle, which holds that it is ALWAYS a crime to carry out an order that one knows is... show more Some units of the Army National Guard were given illegal and unconstitutional orders to go door-to-door and confiscate the legally-owned firearms of law abiding gun owners! Are Soldier's completely unaware of the 4th Nuremburg Principle, which holds that it is ALWAYS a crime to carry out an order that one knows is illegal, and that it is one's absolute legal and moral obligation to refuse and disobey such orders. This is reinforced by the Supreme Court in decisions like Marbury v. Madison that states all laws contrary to the Constitution are Null and Void. Everyone in the Military takes an oath to uphold the constitution 1st.
Also it took a Federal Court to get involved and it stated that it IS UNLAWFUL to disarm law abiding citizens and ordered the disarming of citizens to stop ASAP.
Question: 1. For military personnel, would you have carried out this unlawful order or would you have questioned it?
2. Civilians how do you feel and what would you do if you were law abiding and a Soldier came to your door to take your weapons away from you?
3. Do you think the Governor and highest ranking military officer that ordered this should be prosecuted for violating there oath to the constitution and for breaking the Marbury v. Madison decision, which is a prosecutable offense?
Update: No they were not placed under Martial Law. It was a natural disaster thus the federal government went in for support.
Update 2: 1st off I served as an officer in the military for over 10 years. Second off, the courts rulled this unconstitutional. 3rd: re-read the question, I stated the taking the arms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. If the weapons were abandened, sure go for it so looters do not take them. Lastly Martial law was not declared in... show more 1st off I served as an officer in the military for over 10 years. Second off, the courts rulled this unconstitutional. 3rd: re-read the question, I stated the taking the arms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. If the weapons were abandened, sure go for it so looters do not take them.
Lastly Martial law was not declared in Louisiana in relation to Hurricane Katrina. On August 31, 2005, the Louisiana Attorney General's office clarified "reports in some media that 'martial law' [had] been declared in parts of storm-ravaged southeast Louisiana, saying no such term exists in Louisiana law,"
Update 3: The Federal Courts did rule that it was illegal to disarm Civilians In There Homes, the on the ground commander stated he felt uncomfortable with the order. And MG William Flatt is the one that wrote an article that he was disturbed that Soldiers and Officers would carry out such orders on law abiding citizens.... show more The Federal Courts did rule that it was illegal to disarm Civilians In There Homes, the on the ground commander stated he felt uncomfortable with the order.
And MG William Flatt is the one that wrote an article that he was disturbed that Soldiers and Officers would carry out such orders on law abiding citizens. Just read the below article, thats why I posted. Personaly I could care either way, but just wanted to see mostly Soldiers comments on if they would follow such an order. At the time I would have followed the orders, however I was in Iraq at that time. After reading this article and re-reading my oath, I realize I swear to uphold the constitution first, and moreso as an officer since I do not swear to follow orders of the president and senior officers. "Read the officer oath, its not in there unlike the enlisted oath".

http://www.indianamilitia.org/outrage.ht...