Ordinary Level Irish Leaving Certificate?

I have and Ordinary level Irish leaving certificate. Does anybody know what an English equivalent would be?

I only want an Ordinary level conversion not a higher level 1thanks.

Thanks again

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

On June 8, 2004 it was decided that a Leaving Certificate (higher) subject will be worth two-thirds of an A-level (UK, except Scotland). Leaving Certificate students undertake several more subjects (often seven or eight) than a typical A level student.

The Leaving Certificate (Irish: Ardteistiméireacht), commonly referred to as the Leaving Cert (Irish: Ardteist) is the final course in the Irish secondary school system and culminates with the Leaving Certificate Examination. It takes a minimum of two years preparation, but an optional Transition Year means that for those students it takes place three years after the Junior Certificate Examination. Most students taking the examination are aged 16-19; in excess of eighty percent of this group undertake the exam. The Examination is overseen by the State Examinations Commission.

• 4 years ago

just to boot on the investment. you ought to be positive coming from the united kingdom. i think of if it is your first degree you will qualify for figuring out to purchase your course costs paid for, yet there is an annual registration cost (€2,500?). solid luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try to look around on this site http://www.google.com/ it's help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.