Why is it called "Internal Revenue SERVICE"?

"Internal Revenue STEALING" is a better name.

Update:

Conservatives do not hate Christ or what he taught. Liberals seem to do so though; they hate everything that is in the Bible.

Taxes were not Caesar's until they actually were rendered by him. Until then they were the money of the taxpayers.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel your pain.

I have no idea where they get off having such a neutral sounding name. They are like the gestapo.

The worst part is, the hard working members of the American public are the ones who suffer the worst under these bullies.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the internal revenue service, was set up to collect taxes inside the government.

When the country was set up it is a basic fact that no one has a right to make a living off of the public. so the founding father set up a liability they had to taxes. this was to keep people from becoming lifetime politicians like now.

by the way, the internal revenue service functions has not changed!

the only reason you pay a income tax is because you enterede into a contact with the irs, when filled out signed your first 1040 form and signed it under penality of prejury and when you signed up for a social security number. If you know the law, one is not required to have a social security card in the united states to live or work that would be unconstitutional. but if you enter into a contract no foul!

all government forms are contracts!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i always thought that the IRS stood for Internal Racketeering Service.

• 1 decade ago

Its a service provided to collect your money!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Its called a "service" becuase they're really blowin' ya!

• 1 decade ago

How is it stealing. They just try to collect money so every one pays their fair share. I pay so I want everyone else to pay also.

• 1 decade ago

They're in service to the GOVERNMENT, not us.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.