promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

I seem to be having a chronic throat/respiratory tract infection.?

I seem to be having a chronic throat/respiratory tract infection.I have already had Roxithromycin in the past few days. It doesnt seem to be having much effect. Could you kindly suggest a better anti-biotic.

Does Azithromycin work?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah Arithromycin works I dont know why they didnt give that to you in the first place. However some people are allergic,deadly allergic to penicillin and its derivitive drugs so maybe Roxthromycin is the alternative and may just take longer to do the job. You should also maybe get checked for an STD. My son had reoccurring throat and chest infection and we found out he had Chlamydia.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • dd
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I suffered for 25 years from it.

Metha (one spoon), Tulsi (10-20 leaves) and adrak (ginger), all indian names of herbs, boiled together in 6-7 glass of water, till 30% water evoporates.

Cool it up and have it warm, around 200ml 2-6 times a day depending on the intensity of infection.

During this period avoid liquor, fried food, spices, bewerages, tinned juices. Fresh carrot juice, fresh cucumber juice, wheat bran, clear vegetable soup would help. Massage of chest, neck and back of hands with warm mustard oil fried with Garlic woul help further. Routine Yoga exercises would strengthen ur system against it.

No amount of medication can cure it. U will have to change ur life style and food habits to get over it.

with best wishes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take one spoon honey adding one spoon ginger juice with little bit termeric powder. It will be okay within a day or two.

Source(s): experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think levofloxacin(a quinolone)is best in Macrolide i.e roxithromycin cases.so u should take that for 5 days at least.

Source(s): medical student
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get membership here and access doctor guidance...home remedies and much more

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.