Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What is this contraption called?

A while ago my friend had one of these at her house (i haven't seen her in years though). We each had our own little burners and mini-stir fry woks and spatula's. We just grabbed ingrediants off the table and made our own food righ in front of our plate. it was awesome and fun but I don't know what it's called or where to find it. I want to add it to my wedding registry.



not fondue pots but thank you

ya they were kind of like bunson burners but they came in this huge set there were like 8 of them AND the mini stiry fry pans AND a bunch of bowls for ingrediants, and an oil bottle(I think) and some mini-spatula's. Like it was all a set. Not just the burners.

Update 2:

YES! it's like what Ginger had but smaller and all 8 came in one kit. like the sitry fry pan was only about 15cm across. like they were very small. very single serving. lol. alright I'll keep looking.

Update 3:

we're getting closer to it. Big hitter, that is what it was just each burner was seperate. but that would work perfectly fine. thanks. now I have a picture I can bring with me when I look for places to register. lol.

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Table top burners. You can get them in Asian markets, along with the gas to run them. You can put a grill pan on them and your food will taste a little charbroiled.

  • Jes
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    The burners were probably Sterno, but I've never actually heard of a mini stir fry kit. It sounds great, and it wouldn't be too hard to assemble all the parts. This is the only mini-wok I found, though.

  • 1 decade ago

    Just kind of taking up space here, as I have no clue, sorry but email me if you find it. That sounds super sweet! And my fiance and I and our friends all love stir fry...

  • 1 decade ago

    The Chinese restaurant I went to 25 years ago when I was a kid called the pu-pu platters. Which was funny when I was 8,

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Are you talking about hot plates or bunson burners?

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Is it a Fondue pot?

    You can make cheese fondue for dipping your ingredients or you can put cooking oil and fry your foods or put broth for steaming your ingredients.

  • 1 decade ago

    Not sure if this is it, but it's the closest thing I could find:

  • 1 decade ago

    is this anything like what you're looking for?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.